The Physical Plant Training and Compliance Office (TCO) has been assigned responsibility for administrative decisions regarding asbestos control and abatement at the University of Vermont. All activities involving asbestos require prior approval from TCO.
TCO provides consultative and technical assistance to campus groups involved in asbestos related activities. TCO serves as the University liaison with regulatory agencies and serve as the clearing-house for the dissemination of regulatory and University requirements and new information to the groups involved in asbestos related activities.
- UVM PPD Standard Specification for Asbestos Abatement
- UVM PPD Standard Specification for Abatement of Vinyl Asbestos Floor Tile and Mastic Tile Adhesive
- UVM PPD Requirements for Removal of Asbestos Containing Roofing Materials
- Asbestos Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- For more information concerning asbestos, see our list of external resources.
- What is Asbestos?
- Asbestos Health Effects